So, lately my class has gotten a little out of hand. My afternoon class used to be the one that was so well behaved and now all of the sudden they are little hooligans! On Tuesday I had a substitute come in because I had a district meeting to go to for first year teachers. Well, apparently they went crazy. I have only seen one clip from "Kindergarten Cop" and it portrays what I imagine my class was like for the sub. I wish I could find it and put it on here. I will work on that. She said there were kids hitting each other, running around, yelling and fighting. I had a talk with them yesterday about how we are suppose to act at school and reset the expectations.
Well, today I had a little boy punch another kid in the face. I debated if I should send him to the principal's office, but I had to follow through with my consequences or no one would ever believe me in the future.
We began our long walk down to the office. I could tell this little boy was upset. He knew he was in trouble and he was choking back the tears. My heart was also beginning to beat. I hate seeing my kids upset. He was ok until we saw the principal and the tears began to flow. Then he just burst out saying he wanted his blankie. My heart just sank and then I started to cry. I felt so bad for the poor little guy. The principal took over and let me go back to class so I didn't have to suffer the torment of seeing my little baby upset. You just grow to love your kids so much that even though you know what they did was wrong, it still hurts you to see them upset.
What I can tell you is that I bet he learned his lesson and he will be better tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment