"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

How Did I Get So Lucky?

One thing that I have enjoyed about not working is sleeping in.  For the past year, I woke up every day at 5:30.  Then when I moved to Ohio and was searching for a job, I got used to sleeping in until about 9.  Since Travis does have to work early, I also got used to him giving me a goodbye kiss every morning.  There have been a couple of occasions where I have woken up before he left and was in the other room and I thought he had left without giving me a kiss.  It always makes me sad until I realize he is still there.  It is one of my favorite things.

Now that I have started substituting, I normally leave before him and don't get the kiss to wake me up each morning.  Since I don't get as many days to sleep in and my migraines have started coming back, he has been leaving notes instead of waking me up to say bye.  Now I look forward to seeing if he has left anything for me.  Last night I had a terrible migraine, so he just let me sleep this morning.  I had somewhere to be mid-morning so I got up and just started getting ready.  In the midst of drying my hair I got excited to see if he had written me a note so I went out in search of one and I came across this:
I was so excited and wondered how I got so lucky.  He won't admit this, but he is a very sensitive guy.  At our wedding, he cried more than me and I didn't think that was possible.  Whenever it comes to family matters, he is very sensitive.  He would do anything for me.  Like going to the grocery store late at night to get me a Dr. Pepper to help my head (last night).  I am so lucky to have him!

Here are some other notes that I have found from him.  He always finds new places to put them so it makes it more exciting for me.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.  This was on the fridge.
 This was one of my favorite spots.  As I opened the refrigerator door to get breakfast, this note feel to the ground.  It made me laugh.
 I think this was the first note he left in the morning for me.  It was on his pillow.  My favorite part is where it says, "PS-I did give you a kiss goodbye but you probably didn't know it."
He has left notes in the bathroom sink, on my steering wheel and other random places.  I love getting these notes.  It puts a great start to my day.  I love him and I am so lucky to be married to him!

No comments: