Warning: This post is lovey-dovey.
I have always been a fan of Brad Paisley because his songs seem so easy to relate to. It was no different when he came out with "Waiting on a Woman." As soon as I heard it, I knew I had to show it to Travis because it rang true for us. From that point on, Travis referred to it as the theme of our relationship. He joked around about always waiting on me.
It wasn't until yesterday as I was driving to mutual and I heard the song that it hit me, he has been "waiting on a woman." He says it whenever I am taking too long getting ready or looking at one last thing at the store. But he waits on me in more ways than one. He waited until I was ready before he proposed to me. He waited on me to finish the school year so I could move out to Ohio. He patiently waits until I am comfortable with a new place/idea/activity/whatever before we go on with it.
This whole past week I have been really sick...like sleep all day sick. Now he literally waits on me. He gets up, goes to work, and when he gets home he takes care of me. He has not once complained about going to work, or about making me dinner, or about rubbing my neck, or going to the store to get me medicine, or that I haven't been working. It amazes me at the love and compassion he has as he waits on me.
So, even though I have hated being sick, I am glad I have been able to learn this lesson. I have been able to see how much Travis really does love me. He also taught me how I should be more compassionate and loving to those that are in need. He is a good man and I am so lucky to be married to him.

No comments:
Post a Comment