"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Moving

We are moving!!!  (Don't worry, it is just up the road about 10 minutes.)  Remember how I HATED Travis' apartment when I moved in?  Now, I am actually a little sad to leave.  It is finally decorated enough that I like it.  There are some kids that I know from school that live by us that always excitedly say "Hi Mrs. Barlow!" anytime they see me.  I am going to miss being so close to said school.  I am going to miss having my windows open and hearing the water fountain in the pond.  I am going to miss living next door to the grocery store.  I am going to miss just being 3 minutes away from some of my best friends here. 

I am going to LOVE being in a house though!!  We found a little place to rent because we are still uncertain how long we are going to be here, so we didn't want to risk buying and not being able to sell.  (and let's be honest, we can't afford any of the houses that I want)  Anyways, I am super excited about our new place.  It is about 2 blocks away from church and about a 3 minute drive away from some of my other best friends here.  I think the thing I am most excited about is the yard.  There is a place that I can do a garden and an area for a flower bed.  The back yard is also pretty big so we can play.  Yes, I am an adult and I like to play outside.  Travis has lots of fun outdoor games.  The side yard is fenced in for privacy.  I am also excited that I don't have to worry about being too loud (Travis loves loud music) and disturbing the neighbors.  The other thing I am most excited for is organizing/decorating!!  When I moved into this apartment, I just organized around what Travis already had here.  Now I will get to do it my way!  :)  We also get to paint.  I guess moving around as a child has helped me not dread it so much now.  It is like a fresh start.  I can't wait!  I will get pictures soon!

We move in next Wednesday, so I have started packing and cleaning here.  I am not always patient and I just want to move in now!  Today is also my only day off for the next 2 weeks so I feel like I have to get everything done today.  I am off to clean again...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am excited to see pictures of your new house! I am sure you will make it super cute.