"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Living Room

First of all, I want to say Happy Mother's day to mi madre!  I just want to let my siblings know that I won!  I was the first to wish her Happy Mother's day!  I even beat Andrew who still lives at home.  I must be her best child!  :)

I have been promising to post the progress on our house.  Honestly, it hasn't changed much in the past couple weeks.  This past week I was in kindergarten all week and they wore me out!  They are excited that they only have 1 more full week of school and we had some sort of assembly or activity each day, not to mention that they try to push subs to their limits!  On top of that, I was in charge of the mother/daughter activity for Young Women's and that took up a lot of time because of planning, calling people and getting decorations done.  Basically I had no time to do stuff for me or the house.  I even had a pile of dishes in the sink for a good part of the week.

Anyways, on to the house.  The first room I am going to show you is the living room.  It is a very awkward shaped room so we are having a hard time figuring it out.  We have the couches set out now, but we are thinking about putting one in the spare bedroom and getting two smaller chairs to open things up.  This will do for now.

Before:
 It is a long skinny room so it is hard to arrange furniture.  The door you see is our front door and there is another door on the right wall.  That also makes arranging difficult because we had to leave paths for both. 
 We painted the walls and brought in our stuff.  For now we are using our coffee table to hold our electronics because the area is not big enough for our tv stand too.  There is also a big space between the couches that we need to figure our what to do.  
Here is the door to the side yard I was talking about.  I am also excited that we have a real, working fireplace. 
We painted the walls and gave the fireplace a fresh coat of paint.  Imagine a plant where the red pot is (to hide the cords) and the Greg Olsen painting, O Jerusalem, over the fireplace.  

 I don't have a before picture of these spindles, but here is an after shot.  We put our tv stand under them and I love it!  It is probably because this is one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house.  On the other side, you can see a sneak peak of our kitchen. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your house is looking great! I love the wall color you chose.