"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Girls Camp

Every one nice and clean and well rested before we left!
We got home from North Carolina on Sunday evening. That meant I only had Monday to unpack, do laundry, put together camp handouts/decorations, get a few things from the store and pack. It was a crazy day! Not to mention that I was sick and it was our 1year anniversary. Because of everything going on, I told Travis I loved him just as much but I wasn't going to plan anything that day. He agreed and we celebrated by going out to dinner. We ran into the Froehlich's there and ate with them. I love them!
Tuesday I got up early and headed over to the church to meet the girls. We drove to Hiram, Ohio. It is about 45 minutes from Kirtland. Monday was pretty much spent just setting up the tents, getting organized and then an evening filled with skits and a fireside.
This year's theme was "Daughter of a King" so our campsite decided to go with Cowgirl and Indian Princesses.  The cowgirl hat has a tiara! 
Wednesday the girls spent some time passing off for their certifications. We then went over to a huge lake to hang out. The girls went swimming, cliff jumped and hung out on the beach. It was really fun. Once again our evening was spent with skits and another fireside.
Emily, Kyleigh and Olivia
Erin, Paige and Casey
Emily and Cristina
Thursday we went back to the same area to do a hike/service project. The whole time I kept thinking of Travis. There were all sorts of trails, caves, waterfalls and rocks to climb on. I would like to go back to explore more.  After getting back to camp, we cleaned up and headed over to the Kirtland temple. It was my first time going. It was so neat to go on the tour and realize that we were in the same place the Joseph Smith was many years ago. There was so much hustory there. I would like to go back here with Travis too. I didn't get to visit all the other sites there. After the tour, we had a fireside in the temple. Kris was asked to go up and bear her testimony. It was so spiritual. It was the highlight of the week. After, we saw a pageant showing the history of the town, pioneers, and sacrifices of building the temple.
Olivia, Nelani and Kyleigh
Our second year girls minus Stephanie
  
Kyleigh and Emily
Friday the girls went canoeing. I got to try out a kayak. I loved it! After getting back to camp, the girls went on a tour through the woods. They were lead down a trail to different stations. Each station they had to complete a task to earn a bead. After it was over, they got to make a bracelet. It was neat. Then each ward had a testimony meeting. This was my other favorite part. I loved hearing the girls share their their spiritual experiences. It was awesome!
All the girls and leaders at the Kirtland Temple
So, I not only survived the week,but I had a lot of fun!

No comments: