Travis and I love to quote one liners from "David after Dentist." This one line has been going through my head all day. I feel like I am living in a dream and I am going to wake up any minute.
My life just went from relaxed to CRAZY!!! Let me tell you about yesterday to help you understand. I woke up a little earlier than usual because I was going over to watch one of my friends' kids while she went to the doctor. As I was doing my hair, I got a call from the District office that I subbed for last year. I figured she was just returning my call about getting my stuff in for this year. Instead, she said, "There is potentially a kindergarten position opening up in the district. I was wondering if you would be interested." I thought yes, I thought no, I was excited, I was stressed, I had a million thoughts running through my head. Instead of expressing those, I asked which school because we have moved and two of the schools are pretty far away. She said she wasn't sure yet and asked where I subbed a lot last year. I told her Brantwood. It was by far my favorite school! She said she would call back that afternoon to let me know for sure and what school.
I freaked out a little, called Travis, called my mom, prayed and finally decided I would take it if they did decide to hire another teacher. As I was eating lunch, I got a call back. She said in fact that they did need and additional teacher and...it would be at Brantwood!!!! She barely got everything out before I said "YES!!" She replied that it was great and the first work day is Friday. FRIDAY!!! As in I have 2 days before official work starts!! AHHHH!!
I went in to Brantwood that afternoon to talk to the principal. He gave me the rundown, the custodian told me the hours she would be there, I talked to one of the other kindergarten teachers and my mind almost exploded! I am not one bit nervous about starting school because I know all the teachers, I know the school routines and most of all, the other 2 kindergarten teachers are amazing and will help me through everything!
I went home that night and loaded up all my school things. This morning, Mrs. Violet helped me unload everything and organize my classroom. She spent most of the day helping me instead of fixing her classroom. I am at a very comfortable place in my progress thanks to her. What took me a couple weeks to do in Utah only took me a day here. I was on superspeed mode. My favorite part was that Mrs. Violet (or Mr. Borchers, I am not sure which) sent out an email letting everyone know that I was going to be there this year. Every single teacher that was there today came by to congratulate me a let me know how excited they were for me and to offer help. I am seriously at the most amazing school, with the most amazing teachers. I loved it last year, but I already love it more this year. I am seriously so lucky to have this opportunity.
I also have the most amazing friends ever! I know I say that all the time, but I really do! I told 2 people yesterday that I got the job and I can't even count how many people called me today to say congrats and offer to help (since the kids come Tuesday!!). I just feel so blessed all around.
So, I guess I don't have any more excuses of life not being interesting enough to blog about. Now you will get to hear all my "kids say the darnest things" stories. I am so excited for this new adventure!
6 comments:
Congratulations on your job! That is exciting! I am sure it will be a ton of work to get set up, but at least you are experienced at that school. Good luck!
WAHOO!!! I was hoping you'd be able to teach this year! I was bummed I didn't see you when you were in Utah, but I'm sure you were crazy busy visiting everyone. You'll do fabulous in Kindergarten again! Makes me miss the good days of teaching with you at Harvest! Good luck with everything!
Oh Amber! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you. I am going through withdrawls right now. I miss teaching so much it hurts. However, I have a new little adventure of my own coming my way! Crazy what live throws at you! Good luck with everything!
Amber, congratulations! You are an amazing K teacher! So happy you have the job. Can't wait for pics and details!
Amber, that's awesome!!! You totally deserve to have this work out so well for you. Can't wait to hear all of your stories!
I have been thinking about you all week! I can't wait to talk to you in person! Hope your first day went good today:)
Post a Comment