"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trunk or Treat

(I especially like the smolder!)
Halloween has never been my favorite holiday, but this year I have been surprisingly excited for it.  It could be the fact that I actually have my own place to decorate.  Or it could be the fact that I got to dress up with Travis.  I am not very creative when it comes to dressing up, but it was fun thinking of something to dress up as a couple.  If you couldn't tell, we dressed up as Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.  I can't wait to torture my future kids with family costumes.  We will reuse this one some day and add our baby as Pascal.  :)  

At the ward Trunk or Treat, my favorite part was when a little girl saw me and said, "Look Mommy!  Is that really Rapunzel?"  I thought it was so cute.  Someone also also asked if Travis and I would help her with a charity drive to raise money for cancer by letting kids come and take their picture with us.  It made me giggle because we got Travis' costume at Goodwill for about $5 and mine was made in a day plus a few previously owned items and a child's wig.  (Thanks mom for making the vest!!)  

Besides running out of candy before all the kids came around, this was definitely a successful Halloween for us!  Now I am ready for Thanksgiving and some fried turkey.      

4 comments:

mike said...

Add your baby as Pascal!!! Are you trying to tell us something??? Love, Dad

mike said...

I can't wait to taste your fried turkey. I am glad that you learned how to do it last year. Now I can watch football and wait for dinner. :) Love, Dad

Devin and Kati said...

you guys are so cute!! I love it!!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, it's perfect! :)