"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Birthday/New Year

My birthday was good and bad.  Good because Travis treated me like a princess and bad because I had a REALLY bad migraine.  I started off the day by sleeping in and then being treated to one of my favorite breakfasts: crepes.  This was particularly impressive because it was Travis' first time making crepes.  He even had Nutella and strawberries out for me.

Next I got to open my gifts!  He got me some super cute boots and a black sweatshirt/jacket that I have been wanting.  The jacket is really soft and warm.  Sorry there are no pictures.  I wouldn't let him take any because I wasn't feeling great and it was still in the morning.  I said we would get pictures later on and we never did.  :(

The rest of the day was spent hanging out and window shopping.  Then, thanks to wedding gift cards, we got to go out to Longhorn for free.  Unfortunately that is when I got really sick and we ended up leaving early.  I didn't even get my free birthday dessert.  :(  We came home and Travis took good care of me.  I took a late nap and spent the rest of the evening taking it easy.  It is times like those when I realize how much Travis loves me.  He doesn't complain, he just takes care of me.  I am so lucky to have him.  He made it a great birthday for me!

Oh, how could I forget, since I took a long nap, I actually stayed up until midnight to celebrate the New Year.  We watched Dick Clark's New Year's Eve Special.  I watch it every year and for some reason this year was especially emotional for me seeing how old Dick Clark has gotten.  We drank our sparkling cider, went outside to see the fireworks, and went to bed.  I have the coolest birthday ever!  There is always a party for me!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday to you!!