"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Substituting

Substituting is waaaaay different than teaching your own class.  I have really tried to get as much as I can out of this experience.  Some days I love it, but other days I hate it and just want my own class again.  Today was a day that I loved, so I decided that I would make a list of things I love about substituting.
  • I get to see a lot of different daily routines.
  • I get to see a lot of different management strategies.
  • I get to see a lot of different reward systems.
  • I get a lot of new ideas on how to teach a specific objective.
  • I get a lot of new activity ideas.
  • I meet tons of new students.
  • I get to meet lots of principals (good for next year)
  • I see different strategies for preventing behavior problems.
  • I don't have to write lesson plans.
  • I don't have to prep everything.
  • I don't have to deal with report cards.
  • I don't have to deal with parents.
  • I don't stay up all night trying to think of ways to challenge the student that is way ahead of the class or ways to help the students that are falling behind.
  • I don't have to stay up worrying about how to help a specific student fit in socially.
  • If the class is horrible, I only have to deal with them for a day and be done.
  • I get to be the "nice" sub
  • I actually leave work on time.
  • I get lots and lots of hugs
  • I get to start every day fresh
  • I make my own schedule
  • And the number one reason (not really): I have students spreading a rumor that I am a model.  hahaha...Let's just say that it made my day!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Model Amber! That's cute.

Mandy said...

how cute! we miss you teaching here!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

Just found your blog and LOVE IT. I am excited to chat with you on tuesday.

Carie said...

Cute! I'll help spread it here in Utah. :) I like it. You could pull it off. Miss you!