"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

14 Questions for Valentine's Day

This post is for the comment that asked for the update.  I just haven't had a lot going on lately to write about.  I also thought my mom was the only one that reads my blog.  So here is a new post for you!  My friend Marjorie did this same questionnaire and asked all her blogging friends to do the same. 

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Our first date was December 2009, so 2 years and 2 months

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
I first saw Travis in an institute class and I referred to him as the cute blonde boy.  Later, we were introduced to each other by our friend Caleb, but it never went anywhere.  It wasn't until he moved into my ward and we were in the same family home evening group that we actually became friends.  The rest is history. 

3. If married, how long have you been married?
7 months!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We were married in the Washington DC temple.  It was a small wedding with just our family and close friends.
 5. Do you have any nicknames that you call one another?
We are working on that.  Mostly we just call each other babe.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He takes really good care of me when I am sick.
We can laugh together.
He is a very hard worker.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
It is a long story.  Here is my version and his.  He is a better writer than me, so I would read his. 

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
He is the romantic one.  I would say strawberries, sparkling cider and rose petals.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
For Valentine's Day...sunset dinner on the beach.  Our normal date is watching a movie on the couch. 

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
My dream is to go to Tahiti!  I would love to go and relax there with Travis!  Beautiful place!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
I will write about our Valentine's day later.  We will probably do something this weekend too!  He proposed to me this time last year!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
No

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
I don't have a long time of experience, but my advice would be to laugh often.  Laugh with each other, laugh often, and laugh instead of getting mad!



14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

3 comments:

Amy's Kitchen said...

I read your blog! It's the only way I can see what you and Travis are up to. :) Hope you two had a great Valentines Day and I absolutely love that last picture. Just perfect!

Carie said...

I LOVE this post. :)

Hawaii Monkeys said...

Awh, this was so sweet! I'd love to go to Tahiti too! Family reunion in 2024?? ;)