When choosing options for our kitchen, we decided to get the standard appliances. As we were looking for a fridge, someone offered to give us one (thanks again!). It is stainless steel and everything else was black so Travis asked if I would mind selling the black appliances and upgrading to stainless steel. I agreed with the terms of him doing the dishes until it was replaced.
We wanted to sell everything as brand new so I wasn't allowed to use anything. We didn't know how long they would take to sell so we went ahead and got an stove/oven to use. Just last week someone finally bought the dishwasher, stove and microwave.
This past weekend Travis went and got a new dishwasher and microwave. He installed them yesterday and I couldn't be happier! It has really cleared up our kitchen because there are no dishes in the sink and no microwave on the counter.
3 comments:
They look awesome!!! When can we see more house pictures?!?
Congrats on selling your "old" appliances and getting new ones. I am thinking about doing the same. Is it something that you would recommend in terms of the effort it took to sell them and the amount you ended up getting for the standard ones?
I will get more pictures soon. I just still have soooo much to do!
We were able to sell the appliances rather quickly and for their retail price. I am not sure if we really saved anything from upgrading this way.
For me, I would have rather done it from the beginning to avoid the hassle but we didn't know we would have the fridge.
Post a Comment