"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Columbus Zoo


A couple of weeks ago, we had the chance to go to the Columbus Zoo with some of our friends.  They have a family and friends pass and got us in for free! 
  
We went on a day that was pretty hot and humid.  It had been raining all morning, so we thought it would clear out all the people and cool it down outside.  We were wrong!  It just made it sticky.  All of the animals were pretty lazy that afternoon.  They were either sleeping or hiding away.  
 I have always loved monkeys and it was no different with this gorilla!  I could have watched this big guy all day!  He kept going and gathering all the straw to eat for himself!  Sometimes I wonder what animals are thinking!
These monkeys were crazy! I loved watching the ease at which they swung from branch to branch.  There were some in a cage that I enjoyed watching as well.  There was a mother and a baby that made me smile at their relationship.  The baby seemed to almost be picking on the mother and pushing her buttons.  
There was also a disgusting little guy in there.  We saw him doing his business and then stick his hand behind him to catch it.   I was ready to see him throw it, but to my horror, he ate it.  Blah, Ugh, Gross!!  That is when we decided to move on to a different exhibit!
 I like how they have the zoo set up!  They have sections labeled by continent with the corresponding animals.  We saw lots of cool animals, but it was so hard to get pictures because they were either too far away or the cages were too much of an obstruction. 
 This is my favorite picture of the trip!  This kangaroo is totally chillin'! 
I am excited to go again sometime when the animals are out and more active. 

1 comment:

Welch TLC said...

Hey Amber, just checking up on blogs. Your daughter is a beauty just like her mom. I love you guys and hope all is well. All my best, Laura