Well friends, it has already happened. Yep, that's right. I have started listening to Christmas music. Not today, but a couple weeks ago!
In my family, the tradition is to wait until after Thanksgiving to start listening to it. Let me tell you how it all started this year. One day as I was driving home, Adelyn got super fussy! I tried every radio station and they all were in the middle of a commercial. I don't turn it on often, but I decided to turn on the CD player. It happened to be the Josh Groban holiday CD that was still in from last Christmas. Adelyn immediately stopped crying! Now anytime she starts crying I turn it on and she stops. We have even started playing it in our home.
Just to clarify, I am not skipping Thanksgiving! I am more excited for Thanksgiving this year than any year in the past! My family is coming here and I can't wait! My life truly is so great right now and I have so much to be thankful for! I have a perfect to me family, good job, amazing friends, nice house, monetary stability, good health (for the most part-that is another post) and so much more!
This has made me think about a couple things though. First of all, Thanksgiving shouldn't be the only time of year that we give thanks for our blessings. We should be thankful all year round! On a daily basis, I realize all that I have been blessed with!
Second, I think we would all do well to listen to songs about Christ more often. We aren't listening to Santa Claus is coming to town or Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. We are listening to Oh Holy Night and Silent Night. I think that is part of the reason that Adelyn settles down during these songs is because she can feel the spirit. I have found that I am in a better mood and turn my thoughts towards Christ and giving when I am listening to this music.
So, to all the Scrooges out there (cough, Jake, cough) I do not feel guilty to listening to Christmas music and will gladly sing along!
No comments:
Post a Comment