"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree!

Before everyone left, I wanted to make sure and get a Christmas tree.  Saturday afternoon was beautiful so we headed over to Fulton Farms.  Nathan went with us to help carry the tree and be a photographer!  It was perfect!

We walked around quite a bit to find the perfect tree!  We finally found the perfect one and the boys got to work chopping it down!

I only remember going to cut down a Christmas tree once as a child.  Maybe we did it more often and I just have a bad memory.  Apparently Travis thinks I had a deprived childhood and doesn't want our kids to be the same so he wants to cut one down every year.

 They had horse drawn carriages. 
 Looking for the perfect tree
 Getting Adelyn's approval!
 This is the one!
 Cutting it down.

 Glad Nathan was here to carry it out for me!
 First Christmas in our new house!

Adelyn loves the lights and decorations!  She has been pretty good about not touching everything now that they are up on the tree!

3 comments:

sjbroadhead said...

Poor deprived child! We did only cut one once. We lived far from tree farms most of the time and bought them off the lot. The one year we did go to the farm we ended up losing Andrew in the trees. We figured an artificial one was safer after that.

Lindsay said...

I thought we went to cut a tree every year we were in TN. We just got our tree up, and wonder how Frank will do with that. The big boys usually have done pretty well, so hopefully they will this year too.

mike said...

Lindsay is the smartest member of the family because she has the best memory. We did cut down a tree every year that we were in TN. I am glad it made such an impression on you Amber (can't even remember them). Even if we didn't cut them when you were little we went to the lot and picked them out. Christmas is always fun. Dad