Beware, I am feeling a little bit mushy right now. I haven't had a good cry in a while and I feel like one may be coming soon. I don't think I say it enough, but I have THE best friends in the WORLD!! They are willing to do anything for anybody! (I wish I had pictures of everyone but I don't!)
Moving here to Ohio was really hard for me. I was a newlywed (which brings its own changes), I didn't know where anything was, I didn't know anyone and I didn't have a job. I felt pretty worthless. It was probably one of the harder times in my life.
I went to church and was surrounded by tons of great people, but still felt like I didn't quite fit in. Everyone else had kids and their own busy lives. I remember going to church on the first Sunday and feeling a bit intimidated. As we were leaving, I was invited to book club. (I hate reading but ended up going anyways to get to know people.) Someone else trapped us at the door and wanted to know about us even though she had her own kids.
These were the people I began hanging out with. At first I felt a little awkward, not feeling like we had much in common. I would occasionally go to play group...without a child. I finally figured out that these people cared about me and not what stage of life I was in. We all got to know each other better and became great friends.
This group of ladies became my sanity that first year here in Ohio! I figured out who I was...married, jobless and kidless. Many of them knew each other from being in the military. Others were like me and just moved in. These ladies are some of the nicest I know!
Just this past year Kresta moved away. This summer several more are moving away. Then next year several more. I get attached to people and cry anytime someone moves. This group will be especially hard on me. They are the ones that were there through my hard times and hard times of their own.
I am not as outgoing as I used to be so I am grateful to them for pulling me in under their wing. People are constantly moving in and out so I hope that I can be that friend like they were for me. You guys are really the best! Thanks for loving me!


1 comment:
I remember your first week! I thought to myself, she will be so fun to have a friend and good grief she is gorgeous!
Post a Comment