"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

Teacher Appreciation week is scheduled at a perfect time in the year!  We are past the high of starting school, we are done with state testing and everyone is looking forward to summer vacation!  It is this time of year that I start a count down to the last day of school.  I think it is put at this time to give the teachers that last boost of energy to finish off the year!

Since I don't have my own classroom, I wasn't necessarily looking forward to this week.  I would be surrounded by teachers getting gifts and cards from their class.  I didn't expect anything!  I was wrong!  This has been one of my favorite years yet!

On Monday, our AWESOME PTO president brought me a bucket of goodies!  It seriously made me feel so special!  I almost cried.  It was so thoughtful of her to include me!
On Tuesday I got some sweet cards from the fourth graders!

Wednesday we had lunch catered in to us.  Yum!  Thursday I found this adorable caterpillar in the hall!  It had nice things written about me!  Seriously, it was so cute!
Today we had an ice cream bar at lunch!

I have felt special all week with nice cards, treats and extra hugs!  I may not have a classroom full of students, but I definitely have students and they are some good ones!  I love all my kids and the opportunity to work with so many of them! 

No comments: