"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Granny and Papaw

The next stop on our trip was Goldsboro, North Carolina to see my grandparents on my dad's side.  Unfortunately now that we live further away, we only see them about once a year.  Last time we saw them, Adelyn was only a couple months old.  This time she was walking around every where like I used to do when I was a kid.  She loved all of Granny's little trinkets and especially her cat! We even put on her Braves cheer outfit because they are huge fans!
 Papaw's health has gone downhill recently, but he was extra strong and alert while we were there.  I think he was just excited to see us! I always remember him being so strong and taking us to the garden with him! 
 Granny and Adelyn have a special connection since she is the first Great-Granddaughter.  Granny wrote Adelyn a beautiful letter telling her how much she loves her and how she is glad Adelyn is part of our family.  It made me appreciate the relationship that I have with them.
 It was a quick trip, but it was great seeing them.  I love them and appreciate their example of love and sacrifice!

No comments: