"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Like Mother, Like Daughter

First, I owe a HUGE thank you to Nathan for saving my computer.  The day that I always feared came last week as I went to turn on my computer and all that showed up was a blank screen.  I wanted to cry.  Luckily I recently invested in an external hard drive and had everything saved except pictures of my trip to Oregon.  He ended up being able to save everything though!  Thanks again!!

I have a billion things to catch up on!  For now I just have to write down this story so I don't forget and give you your daily dose of Adelyn!  This is taken at the house Travis grew up in! She was supposed to be sleeping, but I found her like this.  I couldn't resist!
 Lately Adelyn has really started communicating more and more.  She will grab my hand and lead me over to what she wants, she points to things, she signs please and more, etc.  I love that she is trying!

Well, yesterday Travis sat down with a piece of cheesecake.  Seriously, you can't sneak any sort of food by her without her wanting some.  Plus, she is like me and has a sweet tooth.  Naturally, she toddled over to Travis and held her arms up for him to pick her up.

After he picked her up, she started pointing to the cheescake and signing please.  Travis was hesitant because he hates giving her sweets.  He didn't react right away so she leaned over and kissed him!  Of course he couldn't say no after that!  It was seriously so funny!  She kept doing it over and over to get more and more!  I really was laughing so hard!

It is crazy how fast kids learn how to get their way!  I don't know where she learned it from!  :)

No comments: