"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Adelyn's First Haircut

We finally gave in and had Adelyn's first haircut.  She was born with lots of hair and it has grown out pretty evenly so she hasn't really needed one until now.  It was starting to get scraggly on the ends so I thought it was time.  My friend Kera is a cosmetologist so I got her to come over.  She has given me the best haircuts in Dayton and I knew that I could trust her!

Adelyn's hair had been in a pony tail all day so here is a wild before picture!  I think she looks so cute wearing the cape!
  
Here it is brushed out.  You can't really see because her hair is the same color as the cape, but there are some random stray ends.  It has gotten pretty long for a 2 year old!
Making the first cut!  Adelyn wasn't quite sure what to think!
She looks sad, but really she was just overly tired! 
She sat so still!  I was super impressed!
Here is the after!  She has cute little layers and it feels so much healthier!
It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be!  Thanks Kera!!

1 comment:

sjbroadhead said...

I have never seen a two year old sit still for French Braids. A haircut was probably easy after she is used to that. It looks great.