My little Lila Rae was blessed a couple weeks ago on June 21. My parents were able to come up and it was a perfectly imperfect day.
We were able to have many friends and neighbors come and support us! I love that my friends support me even when we have different beliefs. It shows that love really is the most important thing! We have met many great people in our short time here.
Travis gave a beautiful blessing to our baby. I was only able to hear half of it because the mic wasn't on at first and the child in front of us was being loud. I do know that Travis was touched by the spirit and got emotional. Travis loves his little girls so much! Some of our best friends were able to join the circle to help bless her!
It was father's day, so the rest of the speakers talked about the role of the father. I thought it was the perfect subject for Travis on this special day. During the last hour, Lila had a little incident. Mom was holding her and had lifted her dress up so she could have a better grip. All of the sudden, she let out the loudest toot! It sounded like a teenage boy was in the room! People on the opposite side of the room all turned and looked because it was so loud. There was a little laugh and the lesson went on. Lila was starting to get fussy so mom handed her over to me. That's when I felt it. She didn't just toot. She had a poop explosion! It was all up her back, on her beautiful dress and all over mom's skirt. We all got up and went to the bathroom to clean everyone up. Luckily we were able to get it all out of everyone's clothes. That's my little ladylike girl!
After church, my talented friend Lisa came over to take a few pictures! I love how they turned out!!!
Us with my parents.
Me and Lila!
My favorite family picture ever!!! I love this little family of mine!!!
My happy little baby!
I love this picture! Lila loves grabbing on to her clothes (or mine) and it turned out to look so cute here! You can kind of see here, but the dress was SUPER sparkly. We left a trail of sparkles everywhere we went. It took me a week to get it all off of Lila!
Look at this gorgeous dress! I am in love with it! My talented mother made it! I explained to her what I wanted and she dove in. No pattern necessary with her talent and skill!
Mom used parts of her wedding dress to make Lila's gown. If you look closely you can see lace medallions in the skirt about halfway up. Those were hand sewn onto my mom's wedding dress by my Gingums, Rae. Such a special dress!
The headband was made by my sweet friend Rachael! It was perfect!
I love this sweet girl! Thanks to everyone for making this day so special!


No comments:
Post a Comment