"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Au Revoir Stewarts

Ohio has been really great to me the last 4 years!  It has seen me through tough times and great times.  It has brought many tears, triumphs, trials and tender mercies.  When people ask me how I like Ohio, I say that it is nothing compared to the beauty of the west but the people are AMAZING!!!  I have met some of the best friends I have ever had here in Ohio.

Moving here was tough and there were a few people that really took me in under their wings.  We live near an airforce base so most of our friends are used to this way of life and understand how moving and establishing yourself is sometimes hard.  They made it a million times better just by being there.  The people at our church are so welcoming of new people because they have been that new person.

I will never forget my first Sunday at church.  I felt so uncomfortable being a fresh, newlywed couple.  We were surrounded by families and kids and I couldn't find my place.  That is, until Leisy reached out to me and invited me to bookclub.  I was excited to go even though I hate reading.  Leisy soon became one of my best friends.  She introduced me to many other wonderful people, including the Stewarts.

Aleese is one of the most genuine and kind people I have ever met.  I have learned so much from her about service, parenting and asking Heavenly Father for help with specific needs. 

Last year Leisy moved away to Japan and my other best friend Alison moved to Utah.  This year I had to say goodbye to Aleese as they are headed to Alaska.  It has been one of the hardest things about living here.  I meet these amazing people and then get torn apart when they leave. 

I am so grateful for the examples of so many great women!  I hold many of them near to my heart as they helped me through some of my hardest times.

Aleese, we love you and your sweet family!  You will be missed but I am excited to hear about your new adventures!  The people in Alaska are lucky to get you guys!
Adelyn will miss her friend Briony!
 
Saying bye a year ago (sorry timehop cut you off Ashley and Amy!)
And saying goodbye now. It doesn't get easier.
 These ladies are all so fabulous!  I love them all!!

No comments: