"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Halloween

Halloween was so much fun this year!!!  Every year seems to get more and more fun as Adelyn gets older and understands more of what is going on!

At church, I was in charge of putting on the annual Trunk-or-Treat.  Everyone said how fun it was, but I honestly didn't really get to enjoy it.  I was busy running a booth and making sure everything was running smoothly.  I did get to walk around with Adelyn after the Carnival activities were over to trick-or-treat with her, but she didn't even want to go with me.  :(  She wanted to hold her friend/babysitter Kensey's hand instead of mine.  I still followed her around though!
For her costume this year, I thought we would try to be original and not be one of the usual Princesses.  Adelyn was Little Bo Peep and Lila was her Lost Sheep.  Adelyn's friend Tayvia and her sister were dressed up as the same thing though!
I love dressing Adelyn up in frilly things so this was the perfect opportunity to go all out!!  I had a vision in my head and this costume was more than I imagined!  I don't know if we can ever top it!
On Saturday, Travis took Adelyn out trick-or-treating while I stayed home with a sleeping Lila and handed out candy.  Adelyn had a blast getting candy, but enjoyed passing it out to everyone even more!  She waited by the door waiting for someone to knock and would ask us if more kids were coming!
Over a week later, she still puts on her costume and asks to go to a Halloween party!  It is safe to say that she loves this holiday!!

Oh, Travis and I went to a fun Halloween/Back to the Future Party the week before.  I just barely watched the movie for the first time today!  I was Doc and Travis was Biff.  We had a blast and will miss the Thomanders when they move next month!  They always have the best parties and are the nicest people!

No comments: