"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Young's Dairy Pumpkin Pickin'

I keep being reminded that I have not posted in over 2 months.  Oops.  Life has kind of been busy!  I guess that's what happens when you have more than one kid.  

Rather than catching up on everything right now, I will do a quick picture post of our most recent family outing.  On a typical day, Travis gets home around 6:45.  This past Thursday, he called at 4:30 and said he was 15 minutes away!  It was a gorgeous sunny day so I quickly got the girls ready and we headed to the pumpkin patch as soon as he got home.
It was a quick trip because I had a church leadership meeting that evening, but I am so glad we fit it in!  We planned on going the following Saturday and it ended up being chilly and drizzling that day.
Adelyn was so excited to ride the tractor to find her pumpkin.  She insisted on pulling the wagon all the way out in the field.  I was actually pretty impressed!

The pumpkins weren't very impressive this year.  They were all pretty small.  Adelyn insisted on putting as many as she could in our wagon!  Once it got too heavy, she hopped in!
After picking our pumpkin, we went to see the animals.  Adelyn loves all animals and is so brave!  She just walked up and started feeding the goats.  She wasn't scared at all with them eating right out of her hands!  

Of course while we were there, we had to get some of their famous ice cream!  It was oh so delicious!  Adelyn takes after me and has a huge sweet tooth!  It was a quick trip, but totally worth it!  I love this tradition of picking our own pumpkins!