"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

108th Celebration

When I first started blogging, one of my friends had just written her 100th post.  I was so excited to be able to celebrate my 100th post.  Before I reached that point, I started my new blog with Travis and started back at 0.  I have wondered if there was a way to combine the two blogs, but I never looked into it.  Well, today is the day that I finally took the time to look up the solution. 

I have combined my two blogs and I am now at my 108th blog post!  It is pretty exciting to know that I have written that much, but at the same time I know I should be better about updating more frequently.

There is not much to update about lately because Travis and I are both just working.  The weather here is finally starting to warm up and I think it is ready to stay.  I am soooo excited for summer.  This past weekend I think my brain flipped on the Spring switch.  I just want to wear bright colors and open-toe shoes.  I found myself opening all the windows and cleaning even though it is still a little chilly.  I just can't wait for it to get here! 

I am also learning a new hobby: sewing.  I sewed a dress for a Young Women's project a loooong time ago, but haven't done much since then.  With my new love of Pinterest, I have found tons of projects that I want to do but they require sewing.  I found a cheap sewing machine on Craigslist and my friend Kristi has started teaching me.  I can now thread the machine myself and make straight stitches.  Now it is time to start experimenting.  I want to make some headbands, a quiet book and a maxi skirt.  I will let you know how they turn out.  (it will probably be a while before I get them done so be patient)

That's about all the updates for now.  I hope you have a fabulous Sunday!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I don't know how I missed this post! But it makes me happy that you're sewing :) Way to go! Someday I'll actually work on fun sewing projects at home, but after dealing with sewing machines all day at work, it's kind of the last thing I want to do :) Summer is coming soon!