"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Favorite Activity

I have a new favorite activity!  Buying baby girl clothes!!!  I thought that I loved shopping for myself, but shopping for our baby girl is a thousand times better!!  Not only that, but I have been introduced to the Nickle Auction.  About once a month, our ward puts on a nickle auction.  I went for the first time a couple weeks ago and had a blast!  I got so much for so cheap!!!  This is what I came home with!
8 pairs of leggings, 11 onesies, 4 jumpers, 7 shirts, 3 pairs of pajamas, 4 skirts, 3 shorts, 3 pants, a pair of tights, 1 sun hat, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 board books, 2 pairs of pants and a shirt for me...and the grand finale...a car seat and stroller!!!

I showed everything to Travis and then asked how much he thought I spent.  What do you think?  You were probably wrong!  I spent a grand total of $2.50!!!  All that for $2.50!!  Can you believe that?!?  That is why it is my new favorite activity!  I came off with an amazing deal!  A lot of the stuff is 12-18 months, but that is ok.  I just had a hard time bidding on the smaller clothes knowing that other people needed it sooner than I did.  There were a couple things I really wanted, but didn't want to bid against someone.  That was the hardest part for me!  I don't want to hurt or offend anyone.  I will get better at bidding for the things I really want though.

Since nothing was smaller than 6 months, Travis took me shopping the next day for an outfit.  This is what we ended up with.  Can you guess which outfit Travis picked out? (answer:  the puma stuff.  He wants our girl to be athletic)
Fur vest for winter, cheetah pants and cardigan, birdie dress, puma onesies and leggings, and cheetah print shoes.

Travis said that I have a problem.  I just love all the tiny, adorable, girly clothes.  I still don't have a newborn outfit, but I do have 3 months.  I guess that means I have to go back and get more.  :) This is going to be fun! (FYI-I got everything on sale!  I have enough control to not spend all our money!)

Not only do I have a problem, but my mom does too.  Apparently she started buying girl clothes before I even knew what I was having.  (My sister is pregnant too, so she figured her chances were high to have at least one girl.)  When she came up this past weekend, she brought a couple things.  I LOVE this little purple outfit.  She said she had to get it because it looked like something I would wear.  Little did she know that I have a gold shirt a lot like it (just with ruffles...no flowers).  Now I need to start making some hair accessories to match her clothes!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Those are all so cute!!! Way to go on the nickel auction! Amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Got a name yet?

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

So fun!!!! Happy shopping.

Katie said...

You crack me up. Baby girl clothes are so cute! Oh, and don't worry about bidding on the smaller clothes, because the same people who need the smaller clothes sooner need the larger clothes sooner :)

Nathan said...

You are out of control...

Aleese and Scott said...

I love all of the clothes! So cute! The little white vest is my favorite I want one for both of my girls. Where did you get it?