"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Seussical

As I was downloading some pictures from my camera, I realized that I had not posted about our date to Seussical.  For those of you that know me well, you know that I LOVE children's books.  Dr. Seuss is one of my favorites because you can enjoy them and learn something no matter how old you are.  When I saw that the dinner theater here was playing Seussical the Musical, I knew we had to go.  We invited a few friends and planned to go.

Upon arriving at the theater, we realized that we had the closest seats in the house...front and center!  We were so close to the actors that I even got spit on one time.  Before the play started, we had a nice dinner.  Their sweet potato souffle lived up to the rave reviews.  The rest of the meal was good, but my pregnant belly was being picky at the time.  Travis LOVED it!  The company also was great!  We heard some pretty funny stories from our friends that night!  After dinner, the play began.  It followed the story or Horton Hears a Who.  My favorite actor was the little boy and the man that played the Cat and the Hat.  They were amazing!  I was entertained and laughed throughout the night.

At the end of the night, I wanted to get a group picture.  We were all outside, but no one else was around to take the picture.  As the group was getting arranged, an older gentleman came out so I asked him to take the picture.  I was very nervous handing off my camera into his shaky hands.  We all  posed, but he couldn't get the picture to take.  I showed him how again, but still nothing.  By this time, his wife came out and she finally got the camera to work.  It is not the best picture in the world and it doesn't show the dinner theater in the background, but no one's head is chopped off!
Once again I just have to tell you how amazing my friends are!  I seriously love it here because of them.  I am so sad that several of them are with the military and won't be here forever.  I know new people will move in, but nothing can replace a good friend!

Thanks everyone for a fun night...a month ago!  

1 comment:

Carie said...

This sounds so fun! Funny story: I opened your blog at the same time as Melanie's and for some reason thought I was reading hers... As I read "my pregnant belly" I froze, read, reread, and then scrolled up and down til I realized it was yours. :)