"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Parties

This past week, Travis and I went to two different Christmas parties.  One was his work party and the other was with a group of friends.

Travis' work party was at Carabbas.  I have only been there a couple times and it was delicious!  Something I enjoy about other people paying for my food is that I am more willing to try new things.  I couldn't decide on which chicken dish to get so the waitress suggested the chicken trio platter that had all three things.  It was so good!  I know next time I go back which one is my favorite!

After dinner, we did a white elephant gift exchange.  Travis and I brought in a bottle of wine that had been given to us by our landlord and an Optimus polo that was too big for Travis.  His boss ended up getting our gift.  It was funny because he is the one that gave Travis the polo.  We came home with a bottle of sparkling cider and beans.  The most popular gift was a Starbucks coffee package.

After the exchange, we watched a video that everyone put together as a goodbye to one of the guys that is opening the Columbus office.  Travis won the award for best acting!  It was pretty funny.  I was excited to see it because Travis kept telling me about it.

We feel really blessed that he works at such a great place with a bunch of amazing people.  I tell him how lucky he is all the time.  I don't see these people very often, but when I do they treat me like family.  Initially Travis took this job because of the people working there and that is why he wants to stay.  They really are so amazing and would do anything for each other!

This weekend we had our friend's Christmas Extravaganza!  We were told to wear our ugliest Christmas sweaters and bring a tacky white elephant gift.  When you give us a challenge, we take it.  We definitely had the ugliest Christmas sweaters!  We borrowed the one I wore from Travis' boss and Travis made his.
Santa used to be a toilet seat cover.  This sweater was so comfy!
 We sat around a talked and ate yummy treats for a while before doing the gift exchange.  This exchange was a lot more entertaining than the work one.  People stole gifts from each other and others tried their hardest to give theirs away.  We brought a ceramic snowman that lights up and a crazy feather hat.  Surprisingly, the hat was a hit!  The most popular gift was a mug shaped like Darth Maul and one shaped like Chewbacca.  I ended up getting salt and pepper shakers shaped like reindeer heads and Travis got some batteries and milk duds.
Kent and Leisy ended up with the feather hat.  
Besides me being a little under the weather, it was a fun night!  I seriously have the best friends here!  The reason I love Ohio is because of them.  I don't know what I am going to do once they move.  Thanks Leisy for the fun night!

No comments: