"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Color Selections

Are you sick of house updates already?  If you are, sorry.  This whole process is so exciting to me that I can't help but share.  Also, I love this sort of thing.  I have looked at TONS of other blogs for color or decorating ideas even before I was ever married or considering building a house.  One of my favorite things to do is look at houses, so this is like a dream come true!  I love it!

We have picked out all of our color options for now.  I still keep going back and forth on the siding.  I thought last week was our lock-in date, but I think we still have a little longer.  Since choosing the outside was so difficult for me, I thought the inside would be the same way but it was a breeze!

Let me just stay on the outside selections a minute though.  We liked the darker colors, but kept going back and forth between grey or brown.  We kind of have to base our decision off of the stone since our options are limited.  The stone we wanted is used on the house across the street, so we are left with these 2 choices.  (There were other choices, but we liked these two the best.)

The style of this stone is the same as the one we like, but the colors are different.
After talking with our Agent, we ended up going with this one.  It looks more brownish/redish in this photo than it actually is.  These are the colors of the stone we like, just rounded.
I am just not in love with the round stone.  We ended up choosing it because we know the colors look good with our siding color choice.  My concern with the stone in the first photo is that the whole house would end up looking the same color where this one has more contrast.  I really need to get a more accurate picture of the color!

To give you a better idea, this is what the colors look like on a house.  Our stone won't go all the way up.  It is just a small wall like on the right of the picture by the garage.  What do you guys think?
While we are on this picture, our siding and shutters are the same as this picture.  (Pebble clay-shake, Sandy tan-siding, winestone-shutters)
Here is a random Ryan Home with the rounded stone.  What do you think?  Our house is the cottage style, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad?  I am just really struggling with this decision! Travis is also second guessing the decision thinking that maybe the browns look better on a one level house and greys on 2 stories.  I seriously would love to hear your opinion!
Ok, now we can move on to our other selections.  Last week we went to RiteRug to pick out flooring, counters, etc.  I was surprised at how fast we made decisions.  I think it was made a little easier by the selection.  For each option (carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate), it was grouped by price.  We knew our budget so we only looked at options in that area.  It made it a lot less overwhelming!

Let's start with the main level.  
Cabinets (kitchen and bathrooms):  Tahoe Cherry Bordeaux
Carpet (Great Room, Office):  Level 2-Capri
Laminate (Kitchen, Morning Room, Foyer, Mud Room and Powder Room):  Mahogany
Kitchen Counters: Laminate, Butterum

Carpet (Dining Room, 2nd floor):  Level 1-Rockport (I didn't get picture)
 Fireplace: Ubatuba with white mantel
Stairwell:  Metal Balusters with Black Cherry Stain
Laminate (Spare Bathroom and Laundry Room):  Level 1,  Initiator
 Tile (master bathroom):
Floor: 12x12 Fidenza Cafe
Shower Wall: 9x12 Fidenza Cafe
Listello: Universal
 Last but not least, a picture of our lot!  They just broke ground on the house being built next door to us.  It is going to be crazy with two houses going up about the same time!


3 comments:

RickandNadase said...

Welcome, Welcome Welcome Amber and Travis to the RH Family Blog Land where you will learn a lot, share a lot, get mad a lot, rant a lot and maybe even cry a lot while building your dream home.

I have found this community a absolutely joy and gift to connect with other home builders who understand the journey. It offers a wealth of information that supported me in making choices for our home that I love.

One of the many places I struggled was with the exterior colors. I had many sleepless nights. After it was all set and done I ended up with brick instead of stone--never would have thought that would have been something I entertained.

I love your exterior colors with the deep reds and think it would look great. Most of the models in our community with the Rome has the same look and I think its just a personal preference for round or flat stone.

Btw-Congratulations on your pregnancy and HAPPY BUILDING!!

Please join our site just click the button at ricknadase.blogspot.com and we can follow each other's journey.

We are building a Rome in Maryland. What home and model did you choose?

Amber and Travis said...

Thank you for your comment! We have already been following a lot of Ryan Homes customers to get ideas and opinions.

We chose to do the Palermo and we are in Ohio. We are very excited!

Unknown said...

Looks like you chose the same outside we did (Autumn Buckeye stone, sandy tan siding, pebble clay shake). I look forward to whichever one of us gets the outside on first. I think too that with the deep red shutters things will look really awesome.