"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Broadway

One day on our trip, we spent the afternoon exploring the popular Broadway Street.  It is known for it's bars, dives, and shops.  It was definitely popular with tourists everywhere.  I loved seeing all the signs and flashy stores. 
 
Posing with the King!
 
I don't know what it is about candy stores, but I love them.  I think it makes me feel like a little kid again.  I was so proud of us for not buying anything!  Travis is a sucker for candy and I am a sucker for fudge!  It looked and smelled delicious in there!
Rows and rows of hard candy...
 and barrels and barrels of chewy candy!
 Lining the streets were all things related to music.  They even had country music playing from every store!  Here I am practicing my singing with a giant microphone. 
 And Travis is brushing up on his guitar skills!
And Adelyn just chillin' and enjoying watching everything going on around her!
 When we were out to eat the first day, we asked our waiter for recommendations on things to do in Nashville.  The first thing he said was to NOT go down Broadway because it is just touristy.  Obviously we went anyways.  I enjoyed seeing it, but it wasn't my favorite thing we did.  I would say definitely go just to see it, but don't plan on spending a ton of time there.  The shops were tiny and the streets were crowded.  It is not something the kids would enjoy doing, but it is the perfect place to get a cheap souvenir and a taste of the local cuisine!     

1 comment:

sjbroadhead said...

I thought Travis was the one that stands on things!