On Monday, we spent most of our day at the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was quite impressive! There was a lot about the history and evolution of country music and a few featured artists.
The first exhibit we saw was all about Reba. They had a video playing that began at the beginning of her career and ran through her life until now. It was fun to see how she was at the beginning compared to now. My favorite was probably seeing her in past performances and seeing the dresses that she wore on display. Something that I found interesting is that once you become famous, everything you own becomes valuable. She had 4-H ribbons, certificates of completion and programs that were on display. She was just a normal girl. It made me wonder what they would put on display if I ever became famous!
Playing with the jukebox. Adelyn would kick her little feet to the music so it looked like she was dancing. It made us laugh!
I don't really know who Webb Pierce is, but he had a pretty awesome car! It talked about all the custom designs he made. The car was so extravagant! Every little feature had a custom detail! There were guns on the door handles, a horse head on the gas tank, over 1000 silver dollars lining the dashboard, horseshoes on the pedals and so on! It was amazing!
They had walls of platinum and gold records! Adelyn loved how shiny they were! I love when she squinches her nose when she smiles!
They had an interactive center for kids. Adelyn got to design her own cowgirl outfit! She loved it! After playing here a little while, one of the workers came and entered us in a drawing to win a guitar. The worker casually mentioned that Taylor Swift donated 4 million dollars to the museum to create a kids area. I am actually really excited about that and want to take Adelyn back after it opens. I just think that Taylor Swift is the most generous, down to earth person. She really impresses me!
We didn't get tons of pictures in the museum, but it was pretty spectacular! I liked the second floor the best because it featured modern artists. There was an extensive display of Carrie Underwood's wardrobe from one of her music tours. It is crazy to think that less than a decade ago she was a normal person and now she is so famous that they want to display her belongings. I think I would have a hard time giving up my clothes and awards to display. I guess when you are rich enough, you never have to wear the same outfit twice. Wouldn't that be the life?!
There were other artists that had their cars or first musical instrument or microphones or banners and much, much more. I loved reading about each person and about who they are and where they began!
I would definitely recommend going if you are ever in the area! It shows artist old and new, tells the history of music, shows the music across the country and shows the evolution of technology and instruments.
No comments:
Post a Comment