I love the cute, sparkly decorations. I love going to the pumpkin patch. I love carving pumpkins. I love getting costumes and dressing up. I love Halloween treats. I love Halloween parties.
I don't love how crazy the kids at school are. I don't love the blood and gore. I don't love greedy kids. I don't love all the crazy pranks associated with Halloween like pumpkin smashing and egg throwing.
I do have to say that this year has been way more fun since we have Adelyn to do things with.
We went to our church's Trunk or Treat on Friday. There was a chili cook-off dinner before hand. Travis made a dessert chili. It looked pretty gross but was apparently pretty good. He won the most "creative" chili. It was pudding, jelly beans (kidney beans), tootsie rolls (meat), red chews (tomatoes), cool whip (sour cream), and shredded Twizzlers (cheese).
Travis helped organize the events, so he was off running things most of the night. Adelyn and I visited friends and played with the balloon decorations. She was dressed up as a little pumpkin.
On Saturday, we went to the pumpkin patch. Unfortunately it was freezing so we didn't hang around long. We just went on a hayride, got our pumpkins and left.
There was a corn maze that we skipped because it was too cold! I love this picture though! My baby looks so grownup standing there!
In the field picking out our pumpkins!
All bundled up!
On the Hayride back! There was a dad there with 3 little kids that Adelyn loved watching. She handled the cold better than me! It was cold and windy!
Playing in the pumpkins!
I love watching her experience new things! She loves life!
On Monday, one of our friends put together a family night. We carved pumpkins and ate fall treats. It was a blast! We ended up being the only family all dressed up. Adelyn was a pumpkin, I was a scarecrow and Travis was a farmer. We never got a picture of all 3 of us together but I think Leisy has one of me with Adelyn and one of me with Travis. I will have to get those from her. Here are a couple of Adelyn from before we left.
This is only the 2nd time I have ever carved pumpkins. My brother is allergic to them so we didn't grow up doing it. I carved Tinkerbell and Travis drilled holes for her fairy dust. I saw the idea on pinterest and it turned out better than expected! We won "cutest" pumpkin!
Have a Happy Halloween and stay safe! Trick or Treating is postponed here because of bad weather.







1 comment:
Adelyn is so cute! I love her little, red nose and cheeks in the pumpkins. And your Tinkerbell pumpkin is adorable! I sent a pinterest link of that to my sister-in-law because my niece lives Think!
Post a Comment