"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Snow Day

Ohio has been a little bit ridiculous lately.  Apparently this is the worst winter in years.  Yes, it is cold.  Yes, there is snow.  Yes, life goes on...kind of...

School is cancelled on a regular basis and I feel like we are going to be going to school year-round from all the days we have to make up!  I don't know the last time we had a full week of school without a delay or cancelation!

I admit that I love staying home with my baby though!  She is getting more and more fun to be around!  Let's just hope we can still pay all the bills!

We had a snow day on Wednesday and I was less than a great mom.  I was trying to get stuff planned for school (when you miss so much, you have to figure out ways to cram it all in!), researching good convertible carseats, finding deals on treadmills, cleaning, organizing, a lot of stuff besides playing with my sweet baby.

When I got the call this morning that it would be another snow day (I am still shocked about it), I made sure that the same thing wouldn't happen!

We started off the morning with Adelyn's first craft project!  Valentine Heart Painting!
 She tried fresh peaches for the first time and loved them!  She had a nice, warm bubble bath!  It was all fun and games until she slipped and went totally underwater.  She wasn't happy about that.  I made her stay in and get over her fear and she was ok after a little bit.

We played in the snow for the first time!

This is my favorite picture.  She was looking at the dogs next door that were growling and barking at us like crazy.  We ended up going in after just a couple minutes because I was scared that they were going to jump over the fence and get us.  One bit Travis this summer so now I am paranoid around them.  
 We moved to the front of the house to get away from the dogs.  Lighting isn't as good, but I actually got one of her smiling!
 This was take two after she had lunch.  Look at how big she is just standing there!
 This was her general feeling towards the snow.  She didn't really like it or know what to do with it.
She just makes me so happy!

 She is down for a nap and we are going to go out with Travis when he gets home from work.  It has been a much more successful day!



2 comments:

sjbroadhead said...

She is an adorable little snow bunny! And I love that you already have her doing art projects.

Katie said...

That snow suit is too much! She is adorable!