"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Travis and I are not very big holiday celebrators.  We are pretty laid back and don't make a huge deal of things.  I have dreams of throwing huge parties and having beautiful holiday decor and doing fun crafts and having the perfect holiday outfits but let's face it...that is just a dream right now.  At least until I have more money and more time. 

This is our fourth Valentine's Day together.  I thought I would take a trip down memory lane.

This was our first Valentine's Day together (2010).  We had only been dating a couple months at the time.  We took a trip out to Colorado to visit Travis' best friend.  We were able to tour the Olympic training center. 
Look how young we look!
The next year was even better! Travis was living in Ohio and I was still in Utah.  He came out to visit for Valentine's Day.  He took me snowboarding for the first time.  He planned on proposing then, but I was not in the best mood after falling pretty much the whole way down the mountain!

 Luckily his backup plan was a candle lit dinner that was waiting back at my apartment.  While I was in the bathroom, he quickly wrote "Will you marry me?" on one of the candy hearts that decorated the table.  Of course I said yes and now he is stuck with me forever!
I can't find a picture from last year, but it was not nearly as exciting as the previous two!  We went out to dinner and then went to a dance at church. 

This year was still low key, but a little more fun.  I woke up and found a cute little mailbox waiting for me.  I have been complaining to Travis lately that he doesn't write me as many love notes as he used to when we were dating.  He got the mailbox to leave out year-round and write notes to each other!  So cute!
 I didn't feel good when I got home from school, so we stayed home for the evening.  Travis made me dinner and I found another surprise in my new mailbox.  Tickets to see Beauty and the Beast.

Like I said, I didn't feel well so there are no pictures of me!  Here is one of Adelyn instead with her Chocolate Kiss!  She is already a chocoholic!! 
I don't like to be super lovey-dovey in public but I am so lucky to have married Travis.  He puts up with all my shenanigans, moodiness and imperfections.  He is perfect for me and such a great dad.  I love you babe!

No comments: