"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Home Sick: 10 Month Touch Up

If you walked into our house right now, you would think it caught the "blue tape" pox.  There are blue spots everywhere!  On Wednesday, Ryan Homes is coming in to do our 10 month touch ups.  Side Note: I can't believe we have been in our house 10 months!!

Travis is very thorough when in comes to things like this!  He went through the whole house and marked almost every imperfection!  (I convinced him to let some things slide) I feel a little bad for the guys coming to fix everything!

For other Ryan Homes Bloggers, here are some things we found.  Note: I am just showing a few examples of each, not every thing!

Lots and lots of cracks!
This is in the back corner of the "Office."  It is about 2.5 feet tall!
There are tons of places where the baseboards are cracked like this!

Cracks by the ceiling.
Cracks in the overhang to the morning room.
Cracks all over our shower like this one.
Gaps where the counter is pulling away from the wall
Gaps in the laminate flooring
Tons and tons of nail pops!


Doors that won't shut all the way.

I don't know if you can tell, but this is our front door that they have already "fixed." It does not seal all the way.  This is with the door locked and push in all the way.  You can see light and feel air coming in!

I hope they do not get angry with us for marking so many minor things.  Luckily we do not have any major problems. 
A couple other concerns:
 Our heating and air unit.  It is always a lot warmer on the main floor than upstairs.  We can have the heat set to 70 on the main floor and the second floor will be 66 degrees and the bonus room 55.  That is a concern to me.  
I think our dishwasher is a little off balance because occasionally there is a little water accumulation at the bottom.  
The vent on our microwave doesn't really work either. 
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head and we have not checked the outside of the house yet.  I will keep you posted on how the touch-ups go. 
Please let me know of any other things that you found in your home that we should be on the look out for!


Edit:  We also have several hard spots under the carpet that need to be fixed.  In the office, it also seems like the padding has come apart and there is about a 3 inch strip of unpadded area going across the middle of the room.
Upstairs throughout the hall, there are several areas of creaks/pops that need to be fixed.
In the master bedroom, the carpet has bunched up and needs to be smoothed out. 



3 comments:

Mommo said...

Check your shingles. Lots of the Ryan homes in our neighborhood have lost shingles from the recent windstorms.

Melissa Van Otten said...

Thanks Amber! We are just coming up on our 1 year for our home and this gave me some good ideas for things to look for!

Shannon said...

Wow! That's a lot of cracks! I'm glad they come in and fix them!