"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Here Comes Number 2!

I announced it on facebook a couple weeks ago, so I better go ahead and announce it here.  Adelyn is going to be a big sister!  I am due April 15!  I am 14 weeks so only a few more until we find out the gender!
We are super excited!  I think Adelyn will be a fabulous big sister and I already know Travis is a great dad!  It will be fun having 2 little munchkins running around and watching them play with each other! Plus I am excited to see how our genes work this time.  We got pretty lucky with Adelyn!

I am going to be brutally honest now.  Side note: I am not looking for sympathy, just jotting down thoughts to look back on.  Pregnancy is hard.  Not just for the mom, but everyone involved.  I am realizing it more with this pregnancy than last one.  The other night while we were saying our nightly prayers, Travis was praying for me.  He was praying that my migraines and nausea would go away.  Then he prayed that my energy would come back so that I stop going to bed at 8:00.  I had to giggle a little, but that is when I realized how hard it is on him.  Now that he is working in Columbus, he leaves before I wake up and we are lucky if he is home by 7.  That means I only see him an hour each day.

It is hard on Adelyn because she is attention deprived.  There are days that she brings toys into the bathroom just so she can be near me.  One day I was laying on the couch and she came over to take my hand and I told her I didn't feel well.  She then led me to the bathroom and pushed my head towards the toilet.  Luckily I have had an occasional good day here and there that I get to play with her and let her know how much I love her.  I find that we are also spending more of our free time at home with each other rather than going out.

I have also learned that every pregnancy is different.  I got pretty sick with Adelyn, but nothing compared to this little rascal.  It started early and has not gone away yet.  Isn't the 2nd trimester supposed to be the honeymoon stage?  Every time I start to feel better and get my hopes up, I get knocked back down again. 

I remember last pregnancy people saying how they were having a hard time gaining weight and I just wanted to hit them as I gained my 60 lbs.  This time I am in their situation and it is miserable!  I don't know the last time I went all day without throwing up.  I think I am one of the "lucky" ones that gets to experience every pregnancy symptom known to man.

We joke around all the time saying that the pregnancy will be a reflection of the baby's personality.  If so, we have a trouble maker on our hands that is going to give us a run for our money.  I just have to take comfort in knowing that this will only be temporary and it will be TOTALLY worth it in the end!
Motherhood is one of the greatest gifts I have been given!  I love having these little lights in my life!  It truly is a remarkable (and sometimes stressful) work!  I am so blessed to be able to have children of my own, to have a loving and supportive husband, to have great jobs so that we can support ourselves and amazing friends that are willing to help lighten the load.  I really do have such a blessed life!

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Aw man! That stinks!! Hope you get feeling better soon!! I was dealing with some crazy pregnancy issues last pregnancy (not nausea) but arguably similar in awfulness and the one thing that kept me upbeat about it (besides knowing I'd get a baby out of it in the end) was that I knew it would be over when I was done being pregnant. That's the shred of hope and light at the end of the tunnel that all pregnant ladies can hold on to. Hang in there!!!

Hannah said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I'm so sorry though that you're sick. I get anxiety attacks thinking about being pregnant again and so I just think you're so brave. I hope you hang in there! Just know it's ok to want to throw things against the wall sometimes. :)