"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Grandma Barlow

With both pregnancies and deliveries, I have been lucky enough to have help at home from either my mom or Travis' mom.  This time, Grandma Barlow was able to come here to help while I returned to work.  She was seriously soooo much help!  I had a REALLY REALLY bad migraine and she pretty much took care of all 4 of us for several days.  I don't know what I would have done without her!

We only see Grandma Barlow once or twice a year so I was really glad that Adelyn got to spend the extra time with her!  Adelyn loved having a constant playmate and someone to pay attention to her!  I loved hearing Adelyn say "Grandma" whenever she wanted attention. Grandma Barlow brought fun activities to do with Adelyn each day and I tried to take her out to show her the area a little bit.

Adelyn loves being outside and exploring nature so one day I thought it would be fun to go see Charleston Falls.  We had a fun little walk and the weather was perfect but the falls were almost dried up. 
You can see the trickle of water just off to the left of Adelyn's head.  I was disappointed that it wasn't bigger.  It was so cool frozen over last winter!

 Adelyn loved collecting sticks along the way.  She was gathering as many little sticks that she could fit in her tiny hands.
Grandma even taught her how to ride a stick horse!
It was such a beautiful day to explore!  I do love all the green nature that Ohio offers! 
 

 One of the activities that Grandma brought to do was planting "seeds" and helping them grow into beautiful flowers! She had fake dirt, peanuts for seeds and artificial flowers.  Adelyn just loved digging in the dirt with the princess shovel!
 Showing off her hard work!
 On another day, we went to Carriage Hill Farm.  It is just a couple miles down the road but I don't take advantage of it enough!  It really was a working farm and all of the old buildings, barns and house are still there.  On certain days they have workers that do demonstrations of daily chores.
On the day that we went, a new little foal was out in the pasture for the first time.  She was only 4 days old!  Seeing that baby was the highlight of my trip!  I love horses and it was so fun to see one so young.  I loved watching the unstable motions and watching her stick by her mommy!

I would say it was Adelyn's favorite part but she loved all of the animals!!  She is really into pointing out animals whether they are real, on the tv or in books.  She always says the animal and then makes their sound.  We have learned not to take her animal book to church because she will neigh and moo the whole time!
Like I said, Adelyn loves anything with animals so she was super excited to get this puzzle!
Before she left I wanted to get some pictures of Grandma Barlow with the girls.  The next time we see her, Lila will probably be walking! Adelyn was being such a little skunk!  She either doesn't want her picture taken or she has a huge "cheese" smile!  This was the best I could get!
I LOVE this picture of Lila and Grandma!  I think they both look so pretty!
 
Thank you so much for coming out! 

No comments: