"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lila 2 Months (a couple weeks late)

My lovely, little Lila is 2 months old.  Like the age ole saying goes, "time flies when you are having fun!"  Two months doesn't seem like a long time, but I feel like she has been a part of our family forever!  It is kind of a contradictory feeling. 
I don't think I did a one month update on her because I was still feeling so overwhelmed.  I feel like I have a routine down now!  Lila's first month was pretty rough.  She cried and cried and cried.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I ended up nursing her all the time because that seemed to be the only thing that calmed her down.  Turns out that that was what was making her sad.




One day I finally decided that her frequent, super stinky toots weren't normal.  Being lactose intolerant for much of my life, I figured out she was sensitive to dairy in my diet.  Once I cut out dairy she became much happier and I felt a little more sane.  Now I just keep dairy to a minimum.  Cheese doesn't seem to bother her but milk, ice cream, yogurt and sour cream seem to be the big ones I have to avoid.  It is totally worth it to me to keep her happy!


Like I said, we are in a routine now and everyone is happy!  Adelyn has been amazing through the whole transition.  She never got jealous when I spent all my time feeding Lila or trying to console her crying.  She would just come over and rub Lila's head and say, "it's ok baby."  She still loves rubbing Lila's head when she cries!


Maybe I just don't remember, but I feel like Lila is super strong for her age!  She holds up her head so well!  Even our doctor was impressed at her head control at her appointment.  I say that she has to have a strong head so that she can keep a lookout for Adelyn!  Adelyn loves to "hug" Lila but ends up squishing her most of the time.  When you hold her on your shoulder, she pops her little head up and looks around.  She loves facing out to see what is going on. 
Lila is such a good, happy baby now!  She loves laying on her playmat and looking at herself in the mirror.  She will often have conversations with herself.  She is starting to coo more and more and she smiles all the time!  It is one of my favorite things in the world when she smiles at me!
A couple weeks ago she rolled over for the first time.  I put her down in her crib while I put some clothes away.  I wasn't looking for less than a minute and she had gone from being on her tummy to being on her back.  She has done it several times since with both me and Travis watching!
I bonded to Lila a lot faster than I did with Adelyn.  My theory is that we bonded so much faster because I felt like she needed me more with all her tummy troubles.  I am still her favorite person, but she loves everyone!  She looks towards me when she hears my voice and she loves watching Adelyn play!

Oh, I almost forgot her stats!  She weighs 12 pounds 9 ounces (78 percentile) and she is 22.5 inches tall (51 percentile).  She is chunky, adorable and we love kissing her!!

No comments: