POPULAR! i know about popular.
and with an assist from me,
to be who you'll be,
instead of dreary who you were...uh, are.
there's nothing that can stop you,
from becoming popular... lar...
la la, la la!
we're gonna make you pop-u-lar!
to be who you'll be,
instead of dreary who you were...uh, are.
there's nothing that can stop you,
from becoming popular... lar...
la la, la la!
we're gonna make you pop-u-lar!
You guessed it! We went and saw Wicked this weekend and it was amazing! I loved the whole show, but this was one of my favorite songs! I think I mentioned it before, but my old roommate Ashley Dee used to play this soundtrack over and over while we were living together. I grew to love the songs and can't help but think of her every time I hear them.
The play lived up to its high reviews. I was even blown away by the scene where they sing "Gravity." I heard that was the best part so it was talked up a lot for me, which sometimes brings disappointment. I got the chills because I knew the story line and the girl that played Elphba was AMAZING! Everytime I see a play or dance or things of the sort, I get very emotional at the end. I can't help but imagine all the hours and hours they have put in to their performance like I used to do in gymnastics and guard. It literally becomes your life.
Picture in front of one of the many advertisements. Unfortunately we never got a picture with Jake and Amy. We were going to at the restaurant, but I forgot.
We went with Jake and Amy and they both really enjoyed it. If I remember correctly, it was Jake's first play ever! Hopefully he won't be disappointed by others because this set the bar pretty high.
After the play we went and ate at Thai 9. It was another first for Jake and Amy. We even introduced Jake to his first sushi. Amy wasn't quite as daring. Last time we were there, the Stewarts had us try some sushi with barbequed squid on top and I loved it so we got it again to share.
Since Amy was out of her comfort zone with the food, she took us to a familiar place afterwards...Coldstone. I haven't had Coldstone in at least a year. I am not a huge ice cream fan, but when it is covered in caramel, brownie bites and pecans I can't pass it up. It was delicious! It was an awesome Saturday full of adventures. I am so glad that Jake and Amy were able to come with us!
Side note: They came and took out our non-functioning hot tub that morning. I am super excited because now our side yard is more open and kid friendly. We have some fun projects planned for the yard now!

1 comment:
So jealous!! But so happy you had fun and enjoyed it. :) Let us know when you are in Provo. We would love to say hi!
Post a Comment