"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Helpless

Today was the most beautiful day ever!!  After all the cold this past week, weather in the mid 60's was like heaven!  I opened all the windows in the house to get fresh air before we have to lock up for the winter.  I felt an urge to clean and did for a while, but then I just had to enjoy the outdoors. 

Since I still wanted to be productive, I decided to rake our leaves.  I would be in the sun and be productive at the same time, it was a win win situation.  After raking for a while, I decided to take a little rest.  Bad choice.  I laid down on our freshly raked grass and soaked up the sun for a while.  It was so relaxing and enjoyable...until I had to get up.  When I went to get up, I couldn't move.  My lower back was KILLING me!!  It was so painful!  I was on my back with my knees bent.  I couldn't even straighten my legs because the pressure on my lower back was so intense.  I tried to roll over, but that too was excruciating!  I sat there helpless trying to figure out what to do.  I tried moving my legs a little at a time or arching my back or moving my weight one way or another.  Nothing helped.  Finally I had to suck up my pride.  I pulled out my phone and called Travis.  I simply asked him to come outside.

Travis saw me laying there and asked what I needed.  When I told him I needed help getting up, he laughed.  I told him I was being serious.  When I laughed at myself, that hurt too.  It was so pathetic.  He had to carefully move one leg at a time.  Then once my legs were flat, he slowly pulled me to a sitting position.  It was so painful.  Please tell me that other people have experienced this.  After I got up it was better, but still not normal.

After getting a few other things done around the house, we decided to go on a bike ride.  It was gorgeous!  Just the perfect thing for a Saturday afternoon.  We even got to look at some houses for sale!

Went to the Beehive Conference, cleaned the house, raked the leaves, went on bike ride, looked at houses, put stuff in storage, went to Anna's baptism, bought a turkey fryer, and spent quality time with Travis.  I would say it was a very productive day.  Now time to relax with a movie. 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You shouldn't be lying on your back. It puts baby on some important blood vessels and reduces blood flow to your lower body. Sounds like she was on a nerve too, not unusual but it can hurt a lot. Sam was bad about hitting nerves and it hurt to walk often.

Kent and Leisy said...

kent and I are laughing so hard!! this it exactly me when preggo. I'm fine on my back as long as it isn't a hard surface- and then I get TOTALLY stuck and Kent has to help me up!! I even did crunches up until the third trimester and exercised on my back fine- but not on the flat ground! It always happened when I watched tv on the floor!