Luckily Travis and I were brought up celebrating birthdays pretty similarly. Neither of our families went all out on birthdays, but we did do something small. For my family, the birthday person would pick what/where to eat for dinner and we were able to bring 1 friend. We would do small gifts, a cake and that's about it. I remember having one big birthday party when I was 8, but that's about it. While it is a special day (and I love being spoiled), I don't expect anything big.
That being said, Travis had a VERY low key birthday this year. We both had work and unfortunately I had a headache that evening so we didn't do much. We went and tried a new restaurant, got dessert and that's about it. We agreed that we wouldn't get anything for each other for our birthdays this year because we bought nice bikes earlier this year as our presents.
I still wanted to do something so at school that day, I had my kids make him some birthday cards. They are too cute not to share. These are some of my favorites:
This is one of the best as far as writing goes. I love kid handwriting!
I love how detailed she was. She wanted to know Travis' favorite color so she could make his shirt that color and she drew my blonde and brown hair. So cute!
I love how all the kids drew pictures of me and Travis together. All I told them was to make a birthday card and that's what they came up with.
This is Travis' favorite. He said he looks like a monster. I see it in a more developmental way. She is more advanced because the arms and legs aren't just sticks and she drew details on the face. It still makes me laugh though.
This one is probably my favorite. She asked me what color hair he had and then she said she wanted to give him a mohawk. Since he was at work, she drew a tie on him. Up above us is our baby girl. haha
I hope Travis felt loved on his birthday even though he didn't have a big party and lots of presents!
2 comments:
I love those! Especially your baby floating up in the air :)
that is awesome!! what a good idea with the birthday cards!!
Post a Comment