"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cincinnati Premium Outlets

Do you want to know how wonderful Travis is?  He willingly took me to the Cincinnati Premium Outlets.  Saturday morning we got up and he worked on his residency stuff for a few hours.  (He will be done in 2 weeks!)  Then I tried finding something to wear for another hour.  It was a bit ridiculous.  I just wanted to look nice because we don't get to go out too often, but I figured out that all my "nice" clothes are more wintery.  So, by this point I was a bit frustrated and ornery.

At least one good thing came out of it...it gave us something specific to shop for.  So we drove to the Outlets in search of a dressy-casual shirt that I could wear out in the summer.  I found lots of nice things at great prices!  I think everything was at least 30% off.  They had almost any store you could imagine.  They had a Rue 21 where I got 2 shirts for $10.  New York and Company where I bought one skirt and got another one free (among other things).  Le Creuset where we spent most of our money.  We are using this brand of kitchen product.  I love it, Travis likes it, our wallets hate it.  Travis got some Donald Trump shirts for 75% off.  There were amazing deals everywhere!  I loved it!  Travis on the other hand spent most of his time playing Risk on his phone.  He was a good sport though.

Other stores that we didn't get anything from include: Coach, Nike, Banana Republic, True Religion, Loft, Saks 5th Ave, and the one that I was looking forward to the most, Michael Kors.  It was actually a bit of a let down.

I am already plotting my next trip.  Travis needs a pair of basketball shoes and I still need a dressy shirt and the outlet mall has the best deals, so I guess we will have to go back.   

1 comment:

Elder Jacob Wolz Mission to Tucson, Arizona said...

I love how the apartment is coming along!!! Isn't it fun to decorate.....you might find that you have to get a job to keep up with the decorating. Loved the quote by Uchtdorf....I think I am going to post that on my fridge.