"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Family Trend

Back in June, my family was rear ended and totaled their new car.  Well, just a couple days later, my dad was rear ended in a different car.  Luckily this time there wasn't much damage.  We all joked about our family being magnets for car accidents.  Little did I know that I would bring this bad luck to Travis too.

This morning, Travis kissed me goodbye and left for work and I fell back to sleep like usual.  Well, about 20 minutes later I get a phone call from Travis and he said, "can you do me a favor?"  I figured that he had forgotten his bag and wanted me to bring it to him.  Then he asked if he could borrow my car for the day.  Of course I asked why.  His respose?  "Don't freak out, but I got hit."

Apparently Travis was waiting to turn left into his office and a guy came up and just didn't stop.  Travis spun 180 degrees.  The insurance people haven't come to look at it yet, but we think it is totaled.  He can't drive it and the repairs will definitely cost more than the car is worth.  So, this morning I spent my time driving Travis around to his different appointments until we had enough time to stop by home. Oh, and he is fine. 

Here are some pictures:

 Side view
 That is the bumper in front of the car. 

I keep telling Travis he needs a new car, but now maybe he will actually agree with me.  Now we just need to find a good one at a good price. 

1 comment:

Mommo said...

Oh NO! Remind me not to let you borrow my car! ;) I am glad he is okay.