"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Missionary Mondays

My favorite thing about Monday is that I get an email from this cute girl: 
 Meghan Mullen, Romania
and this one:
Theresa Gervais, Florida
and this one:
Kelsey Lund, Korea

They are all missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It literally makes my day to hear from them!  As you can see, they are all in totally different places and have totally different experiences but they are all doing the same thing, teaching strangers about our church.

Here is something unique about each of them:

Meghan always brings a humorous light to situations she and her companion are faced with.  I cannot imagine some of the things that she is faced with being in such a poor country. 

Theresa is always so good about bearing her testimony in her email and telling her family how grateful she is for them.

Kelsey has the most positive attitude about everything and is a great story teller.  I don't know if funny stuff always happens to her or if she is just is good at retelling, but I always find myself laughing at her emails because they are so entertaining.

I love getting the emails and hearing about all the people that they are teaching and the lives that they are touching.  I love seeing the changes and how much they have all grown since they have been on their missions.  I love reading their testimonies every week.  I love being reminded of my mission and experiences that I had.  I love being reminded how lucky I am to have the gospel in my life.  I love how they give me challenges to be better. 

Just because I don't do this enough, I want all of you to know how grateful I am for the gospel in my life.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know that the Plan of Salvation is real and that we can be with our families forever.  I am grateful for temples and the blessings that we receive from be worthy to enter the Lord's house. 

If any of you ever have questions about our church, please feel free to ask me.  I would love to share what I know because it has brought me such happiness.  I would love for everyone to feel it too!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey which mission is Kelsey in? Do you remember Emmalee Barber? She's leaving next Wednesday for the Busan mission.

Amber and Travis said...

She is in the Daejeon mission. I didn't know Emmalee had gotten her call. That is exciting!