"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cry Baby

I am what you might call a "cry baby."  I didn't mean to cry, it just happened.  You see, today is the first day of school at Harvest Elementary.  End of story. 

Actually, that isn't what made me cry, not directly anyways.  I started off with good intentions.  First I texted Kamrie, my co-teacher from last year, to wish her luck on the first day.  Then I texted Trudy, my wonderful aide, the same thing and to say hi to all my kids.  Then I called Kristen, our secretary, to wish everyone a great first day and that is when I fell apart.  She was always so wonderful to me and just hearing her and talking to her brought back all these great memories.  I just started to cry.  I know.  Cry baby.  Or maybe it was because she said they missed me.  I don't know.  I just cried.  Then I composed myself quickly and apologized for crying and answered her questions.  Needless to say, Harvest and all those sweet little kiddos of mine will be on my mind today!


3 comments:

Katie said...

Those kids were very lucky to have a teacher who loved them so much.

Stefani B. said...

Hey, I just saw your name pop up on Facebook (From Lindsey Martineau I think) Lily wanted to tell you this:

"I miss you. I'm glad I got to be in your class." I know she would love to give you a big hug. You were the most perfect kindergarten teacher we could have ever hoped for for her. Thanks!

Sarita said...

Amber you are the CUTEST teacher I have ever seen! Your kids must love you to death.