I have learned about myself a lot this past month. I used to think that I was a good decision maker. I used to think that I knew what I wanted. Now, I am not so sure.
I don't know if I have ever posted about this, but I used to tease Travis about being the worst decision maker. In any decision, he has to research out to see what is the best product, for the best value, at the best price that is most reasonable for us. I used to laugh at him for obsessing over things. He spends countless hours researching and looking up reviews and comparing prices. Then after we get it, he continues to look to make sure something better didn't come up.
I have always been the type of person that finds something that seems like a good product and a good value and I get it. I don't like researching and looking and comparing and obsessing. I get something and stop looking because I am already happy with the decision I made.
Well, with this house and baby stuff, I have become like Travis. I have been obsessing over every little thing. I am starting to drive myself crazy! I can't help but spend every free second looking things up, asking others their opinions, researching and stressing over what to do. I am glad that we are now locked into our options as far as the house goes for now. I am happy with my decisions and can now stop thinking and stressing about them because I can't change them now. I can just choose to be happy with what I have decided.
My most recent obsession though is what crib to get and what color (along with other baby supplies). I thought I had made a decision, but now I am questioning it. What has happened to me? I just want to make a decision and move on before I go crazy!
1 comment:
Amber, welcome to the club! You are not alone!!
It's called buying a new construction Home!!! Lol
Thank God for this blog because it has been my outlet because we all understand what it feels like to build a new home so we go crazy together!! Lol
I tend to be obsessed with things when I have a passion for something dear to my heart and I completely lost it during this house build. I went into overdrive and I should have had a sign on my car reading "watch out I am on a OCD alert". Lol
What made it worst was having six months to obsess about my selections because it took six months to get out of underwriting. So when the door for changes were closed I was relieved so I understand the relief and having to be okay with what you chose but it kicks in again at some point throughout the build because there are so many phases of building a new home.
So be gentle and kind to yourself -- it's part of the process.
Happy Baby Shopping!
Post a Comment