"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hiccups

I don't think I will ever get tired of feeling my little baby girl moving around inside of me.  Anytime I feel her kicking/punching/rolling over/dancing I just take a second to feel her movements.  I will sit as still as I can and put my hand on my belly.  I absolutely love it!

Recently, she has started getting the hiccups.  I just think it is so cute.  It is also the perfect opportunity for Travis to feel her because I know exactly where she will move.  Today as my class was getting ready for lunch, she had the hiccups.  My kids always ask me if she is kicking me so I told them that she had the hiccups.  I took their lunch cards and placed them on my belly.  I wasn't sure if they would be able to tell her kicking vs. me breathing, but they could!  Anytime she hiccuped, the kids would laugh.  They thought it was so funny!

One little boy asked if they could put their ear on my belly to hear her.  Before I could shoot down the idea knowing that it wouldn't work, another student said that they would hurt her if they did because we don't know where her head is.  He thought that was a sufficient answer and dropped the subject.  Another little girl said, "I hope she doesn't hit her head on your belly when she hiccups." 

I just love that these little kiddos can be as excited as me about my baby.  Several of them have a count down for her to come and others ask me how many more days are left on a regular basis.  This little girl already has so many people excited to meet her.

No comments: