"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge

The weekend that we moved, we took a time out to go to Great Wolf Lodge with the Carlson's.  I know we are insane to go on such a crazy weekend, but I am so glad we did.  We had not really gone out as a family until then and it was a blast!

Travis, Adelyn and I drove up Saturday morning. The Carlson's were already there. We got to see the AWESOME room they stayed in. The kids had their own separate part of the room that looked like a tree house.  The boys went on a fun scavenger hunt that was set up throughout the lodge.
After they finished, we headed to the water park.  For the most part, Alison and I hung out with the babies while the big and little boys went on the slides.  Adelyn pretty much slept the whole time, so I did get to go on some of the slides with Travis while Alison watched her!  It was so much fun!  Travis has a way of making you feel like a kid again.  We made sure to scream and laugh the whole ride.
Alison let me borrow a swimsuit for Adelyn and I let Avonlea borrow our swim diaper.  Adelyn didn't go in the water all the way but she did get her feet and legs wet.  She seemed indifferent to it not really reacting when I put her in.  Avonlea LOVED it!  She just kicked her feet the whole time Alison held her.  
 It was so fun to watch the little boys in the water while the big boys talked.  They were so brave and happy.  I am so glad that we got to go!  Thank you Carlsons!!



No comments: