"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day!

This mother's day was a pretty special one.  It was the first one that I could celebrate actually being a mom.  It was also special because my mom was here with me.
It was a pretty typical day.  We heard stories about mothers at church and they fed us a light brunch.  Travis cooked us a nice dinner that evening.  The rest of the night was nothing too special until Travis came into the room carrying a dozen red roses.  He gave me a card and went and got my mom.  Once she was downstairs, he showed us a slideshow.  It was the sweetest thing.  Of course we all cried.  It was a slideshow of pictures starting with us finding out we were pregnant, ultrasound pictures, pregnancy and the beginning of our new life being parents.  It was so sweet!  I am lucky to have found such a sweet man to be the father of my children!
We got a new camera lens, so we have enjoyed testing it out on Adelyn.  I have loved just having a subject that doesn't mind me practicing on her.  I would like to take a photography and editing class someday.  Here are some of the raw practice shots.  Sorry if you guys are getting tired of seeing pictures of her.  I just can't get enough!

Look how strong she is getting!  
Thank you Tammy for the cute headband!  I love it!
 She loves sucking on her hand.
 She is starting to get better at looking at the camera.  I love this one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg! How adorable! She is beautiful! :)