Last month, Adelyn got to meet some of her cousins for the first time.
My brother-in-law, Jeremy, is getting deployed to Afghanistan for 9-12 months. That leaves Courtney at home to take care of their 4 kids and house by herself. She decided to go spend time with her mother in Oregon while he is gone. Since they will be staying there for some time, they drove out.
They started the trip in North Carolina where they are stationed. I think we were their first stop. While they were here, we went to the Air Force Museum and hung around the house. I was very impressed by the kids at the museum. They were very interested in seeing all the airplanes and never complained about walking around or getting tired.
Once we were back at the house, the kids played in the yard for a bit until Travis got home. Travis claims to be the favorite uncle and now I know why. He bought them all sorts of treats and loved playing with them.
The kids were so funny because they found joy in such little things. We were still in our (small) previous home with half of the house packed up. Willie found a ping pong paddle and thought it was the greatest toy. The girls found a hiding spot between our couches that they loved to climb in. It just made me realize that we need to teach our kids to appreciate everything. They don't have to have toys to be happy as long as you teach them how to entertain themselves. Courtney is a really great mom.
Before we left, we took some pictures of Adelyn with the little cousins. She loved Lucy and would watch her any time she came by. I think Lucy loved her just as much!
It was a short visit, but I am glad they got to come by!
No comments:
Post a Comment